Pureundead The Runescape clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pureundead The Runescape clan

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mining Guide!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xgoldx mod
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
xgoldx mod

Number of posts : 469
Registration date : 2007-04-18

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:09 pm

*note*-i did not make this guide

So, you have taken up mining as a new sport? You’re right, it’s very rewarding and skill raising. The procedures are very simple, just right click on a rock and you’ll mine it!

See the three more options at the top? The options are, mine rock, prospect rock and examine. (Well obviously, you can’t walk onto a rock.) If you’re wondering, what does prospect do? Well, it makes your character go next to the rock and look what type of ore is inside. You should get a message like this when you prospect. See? I just prospected a iron rock, you don’t need to prospect every rock you mine, but it’s useful if you don’t know what’s in the rock. To find a mining site, look for this symbol on your world map.

Chapter 2. Hit that rock with?...

Now what? You can’t mine with your hands, so you need a pickaxe! Pickaxes are what you use to mine rock. The better the pickaxe, the faster you mine the rock. Here’s a chart to tell how much each pickaxe is from a shop, what level you need to use and how much it is to repair. There are 2 places to buy pickaxes, Numrof in the Dwarven mines, and a shop in East Keldagrim. Look for this symbol on the map when your looking to buy a pickaxe or ores.

Bronze Pickaxe- A starters’ pickaxe, it costs 1 gp and free to repair – you need at least mining level 1 to use it.

Iron Pickaxe- Another starter, it costs 137 gp and free to repair – you need at least mining level 1 to use it.

Steel Pickaxe- A higher up pick axe, it costs 500 gp and costs 17 gp to repair you need at least mining level 6 to use it.

Mithril Pickaxe- For the moderate miners, it costs 1300 gp and costs 43 gp to repair – you need at least mining level 21 to use it.

Adamantite Pickaxe- For all high level miners, it costs 3200 gp and costs 107 gp to repair – you need at least mining level 41 to use it.

Rune Pickaxe- Made for all top miners in Runescape, it costs 32000 gp and costs 1100 gp to repair – you need at least mining level 41 to use it.

Chapter 3. Random Events

Sometimes mining random events pop up when you mine, I’ll give a description on them and give you their attributes.

Rock Golem- They pop up and say, Rargh! Flee human! You can either run, or fight it, their level varies accordingly to yours, the highest seen was a 170.

Smoking Rocks- Sometimes, your pickaxe sparks when you hit the rock and ignite flammable material inside the rock, which makes it start to smoke. You shouldn’t mine it or else the material will explode and break your pickaxe and cause you damage.

Pickaxe heads falling off- Sometimes, your character swings too wildly with a pickaxe and the head might fall off, this is fine, just pick up your head from the ground and use it with the handle.

Chapter 4. Which Rock is it?

Rocks can be confusing if you’re a starter, so I included some pictures and descriptions of each rock in Runescape. The rocks are actually a collaboration of 3 rock images, which you will see here.

Rune Essence

The essence of all rune stones, you need to complete the Rune Mysteries quest in order to mine this, to get there, you need to be teleported by one of these NPC’s listed below to go to the mining area.
- Aubury in the Varrock rune shop
- Sedridor in the basement of the Wizards Tower
- Wizard Cromperty in East Ardougne, in the northeast of the marketplace.
- Distentor of the magic guild
- The gnome Brimstail of Tree Gnome Stronghold
To be teleported, you just talk to either one of these NPC’s or just right click on the NPC and click the option teleport. There are two types of essence, you mine pure essence if you are P2P and with 30 mining, otherwise on free worlds or member worlds (if you don’t have 30 mining) you get normal essence. Pure essence can make any rune, while normal can make the 6 main runes. (Air, Water, Fire, Mind, Body, Earth) You get 5 experience per essence mined, Respawn time is 0 secs

Clay ore

Clay is a ore that when used with water, can be crafted into low level pottery. You get 5 experience per ore. The respawn time is 1 second.
- Minimum level needed: 1

Copper Ore

One of the first ores you can mine, when you smelt the copper with tin the furnace, you get a bronze bar. You get 18 experience per ore mined. The respawn time is 5 seconds.

Tin Ore

Another one of the first rocks you mine, it can be smelted with copper to make bronze. You get 18 experience for each ore mined. The respawn time is 5 seconds.

Limestone Rock

This type of ore gives limestone, which is a material for construction, to turn the raw ore into useable material, use a chisel on the raw material. You get 28 experience for each rock mined. The respawn time is 10 seconds.

Iron Ore

One of the higher demand ores, when you smelt it, you have a 50% chance of the ore failing and disappearing. You get 35 experience per ore. The respawn time is 10 seconds.
- Minimum level needed: 15

Silver Ore

This ore is used mainly for mid level crafting to make unholy symbols, holy symbols, tiaras, etc. You get 40 experience per ore. The respawn time is 2 minutes.
- Minimum level needed: 20

Gem Rocks

These are special rocks in Shilo Village and can give you any gem except dragonstone. You get 65 experience per gem. The respawn time is 1 minute.
- Minimum level needed: 20

Coal Ore

The ore that is always in demand and you can almost always find buyers in the East Falador bank. You get 50 experience per ore. The respawn time is 1 minute.
- Minimum level needed: 30

Gold Ore

Gold ore is very useful in the making of amulets, necklaces and rings. You get 65 experience per ore. The respawn time is 2 minutes.
- Minimum level needed: 40

Mithril Ore

Mithril ore is for higher level miners and smithers. You get 80 experience per ore. The respawn time is 4 minutes.
- Minimum level needed: 55

Adamant Ore

Adamant ore is the second highest thing you can mine/smith. You get 95 experience per ore. The respawn time is 8 minutes.
- Minimum level needed: 70

Runite Ore

Runite ore, simply put, is the best ore you can ever mine. Only the top miners of runescape mine this ore. You get 125 experience per ore. The respawn time is 30 minutes.
- Minimum level needed: 85

Chapter 5. Where should I mine?

Now that you’ve got all your tools and know what rock is which, now you need a mining site to get your ores. I’ll list the best mining sites for your level range accordingly.

Level 1-15

For F2P people – try the Rimmington mines to mine copper and tin. To bank, Go to the Falador East Bank. The Rimmington mines have 2 clay, 2 tin, 5 copper, 6 iron and 2 gold

For P2P people – try the Taverly mines, it’s a fair distance from the Falador West Bank if you have agility level 5 to go over the crumbled wall, or else you’ll have to walk all the way around.

Level 16 - 30

Congratulations! Now you can mine iron, which generally sells for 100 – 150 each. You’ll have some competition at these levels, so try going to the world with the least people and mine there.

For F2P people – the southeast Varrock mine is a good place to mine iron and copper, you just might find some higher level competition. Keep mining copper and tin until you can one-hit the iron, or find a world with little people and mine iron.

For P2P people – the Khazard mines are for you, it provides a nearby bank in Yanille and isn’t crowded often. This is the place to mine iron. The Khazard mines have, 4 clay, 7 tin, 4 copper, 9 iron, 1 coal and 3 mithril.

Level 31 – 60

Wow! Your making progress! Now you can mine coal, which is what a lot of smithers use for mid and high level smithing. Coal generally sells for 150 – 200 each.

For F2P people – you should start mining at the dwaven mines beneath Ice Mountain, it has a fair amount of coal and iron, and a very good supply of copper and tin. The closest bank is East Falador. The dwarven mines contain, 3 clay, 10 tin,, 11 copper, 9 iron, 11 coal, (not including the mining guild) 2 Gold, 2 Mithril and 3 Adamantite

For P2P people – the coal trucks are for you! They provide lots of coal, isn’t very crowded, and to bank it, you put the coal into the truck and keep on mining! Grab your coal from the depot behind Seers village and bank them. It is advised to have at least 20 agility to cross the log bridge, or you’ll have to walk all the way round to Seers. The coal trucks mine has 18 coal.

Level 60 – 85

Now you can go guild mining! Congratulations! If you want money, go guild mining. If it’s experience your after, powermine iron. (You should be able to one-hit it by now)

For F2P and P2P people – guild mining is good for members and free, why? Because it’s so close to the East Falador Bank and has a massive load of coal and some mithril. The mining guild has 37 coal and 5 mithril.

Runite Mining

Once you are level 85, you are one of the top miners of Runescape, and are able to mine runite, now, you can mine Adamantium or Mithril ore for leveling, but for a very big load of money, mine runite in one of these three places. The Heroes guild (P2P), above the lava maze (P2P and F2P), and the KBD’s lair (P2P) Note: the last two places that I mentioned are in level 40 and up wilderness, so be wary of Pkers.
Chapter 6. Conclusion to Mining
Well, now that you know all about mining, you should be very good at mining now and I hope you learned a few things. Thanks for reading and happy mining!
Back to top Go down
https://pureundead.yoo7.com
xgoldx mod
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
xgoldx mod

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:10 pm

enjoy this guide!! sunny santa
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 767

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:15 pm

Nice im making my own guide for beggines now
Back to top Go down
xgoldx mod
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
xgoldx mod

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2007 3:30 pm

nice thank you by the way
Back to top Go down
Puple Party Hat Member
Puple Party Hat Member

Number of posts : 293
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 9:10 am

really kool guide. it will help me out wit getting my skills up
tyvm for guide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2007 9:56 am

161666 you whna try and make your own guide..
because every member of pureundead will make one little guide and we will put them all together and amke one big one....
choose a skill and start maing one or try and make a money making guide
Back to top Go down
xgoldx mod
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
xgoldx mod

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:31 pm

i want to do woodcutting guide made by myself is that ok?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 2:34 pm

okay and i will add it to the pureundead giude
Back to top Go down
jake pk 2k7
Drag member ++
Drag member ++

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2007-05-09

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 3:39 pm

kwl - im gna finish the melee one this week, then i'll start on a money-making one

I've got a great way, but u'll hav 2 wait 4 the guide to find out what it is...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:06 am

okay
Back to top Go down
Puple Party Hat Member
Puple Party Hat Member

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:19 pm

kk ill make a range guide. coz im a pure ranger lol
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 1:15 pm

yes good idea make a range guide
Back to top Go down
Puple Party Hat Member
Puple Party Hat Member

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 9:23 am

umm i made it but im trying to post it. it wont post!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 10:39 am

Back to top Go down
xgoldx mod
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
xgoldx mod

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 1:19 pm

range guide that would be useful for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Puple Party Hat Member
Puple Party Hat Member

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 9:57 am

kk ill try to make it
Back to top Go down
xgoldx mod
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
xgoldx mod

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2007 2:40 pm

yay lol i got rubbish ranged try and make it quick lol
Back to top Go down
Puple Party Hat Member
Puple Party Hat Member

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 9:22 am

KK I MADE THE RANGE GUIDE NOW SO GO CHECK IT OUT!!
Back to top Go down
Puple Party Hat Member
Puple Party Hat Member

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2007 9:22 am

BUT I ONLY MADE FOR F2P ILL MAKE FOR P2P LATER afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mining Guide! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mining Guide!   Mining Guide! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mining Guide!
Page 1 of 1